We are very pleased to announce immediate availability of ConVirt 2.0 Beta! Built on a brand new, 3-tier, repository-based architecture, ConVirt 2.0 incorporates many of our users’ most wanted and anticipated features.
Here are a few highlights:
- Ajax-based rich internet application: access ConVirt from anywhere via a Web browser!
- Data repository: track historical performance and diagnose problems.
- Multi-user administration: share responsibility while keeping track of accountability.
- Asynchronous task subsystem: start multiple tasks in parallel and keep an eye on their progress.
- Usability enhancements: greatly improved navigation and powerful information display via dashboards.
- … and much more …
Grabbing and deploying the Beta couldn’t be simpler – just take a peek at the Appliance Catalogue in your current ConVirt 1.1 installation. 😉 For more information, or if you do not have an active v1.1 installation, check out the ConVirt 2.0 Beta wiki for instructions on how to get started.
Our main goal with this release is to get your feedback on features, usability, and bugs. We strongly encourage everyone to deploy and use ConVirt 2.0 Beta alongside their current ConVirt installation. We look forward to hearing your experiences at the new 2.0 Beta forums.
Finally, our Beta users will soon get an opportunity to participate in product workshops and webinars. Stay tuned for more information!